The holder of a title deed to a property may register a mortgage bond over the property as security for a debt. Registration is done through the assistance of Conveyancers.
Any registered holder of a title deed over a property may register a registration of a mortgage bond.
Through the assistance of a Conveyancer (an attorney admitted as a conveyancer by courts of law).
- Draft of the mortgage bond in duplicate
- Floating Copy of the title deed to the property
- Power of Attorney authorizing a particular conveyancer to draft the Mortgage Bond
- A resolution of the lending Institution where necessary
- Copy of the title deed to the property
If all documents are submitted at the time of registration, the process should take approximately five(5) working days.
Conveyancer’s fees or other costs may apply
For more information please contact the two deeds offices available below. Opening hours are from 07:30 to 12:45 and 13:45 to 16:30, Monday to Friday, except public holidays.
For properties south of Dibete, including the districts of Ghanzi and Kgalagadi:
Deeds Registry Gaborone
Attorney General's Chamber
Ground and First Floor
Private Bag 0020
For properties north of and in Dibete (Dibete included):
Deeds Registry Francistown
plot 252/2567, Old BGI Building
Private Bag F283