This is an application where applicants are granted surface rights by the Land Board to venture into mining. These include but not limited to the following; Gravel, river sand, quarry, gemstones, copper etc. The applicant applies and obtains a prospecting license from the department of mines. Armed with this license, the applicant identifies suitable areas for the mining. The incumbent submits an application to the board which assess the application for availability of the land. The surface rights run simultaneously with mining permit from Department of mines.
- Companies/registered societies
- Applicant - 18 years and above
- Certified copy of valid National Identification Card (Omang)
- Letter of representation (For Societies/Churches/Business) or Power of attorney in case of companies
- Copy of Certificate of Incorporation, Company Registration and Shares Certificate for registered Companies
- Copy of Certificate of Registration from Registrar of Societies for Societies
- Letter of consultation from neighboring land users/community
- Locality sketch plan
- Copy of award of tender (in case contractors, the grant is tied to the duration of the contract).
- Copy of Instrument signed under Married Persons Property Act (proof of Marriage regime if married and Affidavit if not married)
- Decree absolute and court order where applicable
- Copy of Death Certificate, in case of widow/widower
- P10.00 application
- P150.00 for sketch plan
- P100.00 for lease preparation
Lease charges are stipulated under common law lease rentals.
For more information, please contact any of the Ministry of Land Management, Water and Sanitation Services Headquarters (Customer Service) or any Land Boards from the Land Boards and their Subordinate Land Boards listing document or call the Ministry of Land Management, Water and Sanitation Services
Toll Free Number 0800 600 737 .
Opening hours are from 07:30 to 12:45 and 13:45 to 16:30, Monday to Friday, except public holidays.