Provision of support services to Batswana abroad who are in distress. This includes facilitating contact with their families and friends.
- Citizens of Botswana.
- Foreign national with permanent residency (under special circumstances).
- Foreign nationals with valid work permit (under special circumstances).
- Contact the nearest Botswana Embassy, High Commission or Honorary Consul and request to speak with the Consular Officer.
- Explain your situation and give contact details of family or friends.
- In a case where Botswana does not have an Embassy or High Commission in that country the Office of the Honorary Consul of Botswana in that region may be approached to assist.
- National Identification card (Omang)
- Permanent Residency permit
- Valid Work permit
- Valid passport
Immediate but dependent on proximity of the nearest Botswana Mission.
The cost is dependent on the situation:
- In-service trainees and students will be transported at the cost of Government.
- In rescue situations, where flights are possible, nationals will need to arrange for relatives and friends to provide air fares.
Ministry Head Quarters, or the nearest Botswana Embassy, High Commission or Honorary Consul. (link to page listing Missions and their contact numbers)
Ministry of International Affairs and Cooperation
Private Bag 00368
Tel. (+267) 3600700
Fax. (+267) 3973067
Email. miacprotocol [at] gov.bw (miacprotocol[at]gov[dot]bw)
Tel: (+267) 3600744
Fax: (+267) 3974516
Cellular phone: (+267) 72 376 603
Opening hours: 07:30 to 12:45 and 13:45 to 16:30, Monday to Friday, except public holidays