Batswana travelling abroad, whether on short- or long-term basis, should register with the nearest Botswana Mission, and or the ministry headquarters.
This is important to ensure that all Batswana living abroad are kept abreast with current development issues in Botswana, and to be aware/alert of the location of all Batswana to extend consular services in case of emergencies and or natural disasters.
Citizens of Botswana
- Inform the Department of Protocol and Consular Services
- Contact the nearest Botswana Embassy, High Commission or Botswana Honorary Consul. (link to form)
- Provide personal information including, contact details in country of destination and the particulars of the next of kin to contact in case of emergency'.
- National Identification card (Omang)
- Travel Itinerary
- Completed Travel notification form
- Government sponsorship letter for students
- Valid passport
Ministry of International Affairs and Cooperation
Department of Protocol and Consular Services
Private Bag 00368
Tel. (+267) 3600700
Fax. (+267) 3973067
Email. miacprotocol [at] gov.bw (miacprotocol[at]gov[dot]bw)
Tel. (+267) 3600744
Fax. (+267) 3974516
Mob. (+267) 72 376 603
Opening hours: 07:30 to 12:45 and 13:45 to 16:30, Monday to Friday, except public holidays