Skip to main content

Botswana Operations Single Trip Permit (BS permit)


It is a permit used by operators who convey goods for a single trip using commercial motor vehicles issued at the border. 

Who is eligible?
  • Any locally-registered business, citizen or resident that is the owner of a passenger vehicle.  
  • Non-citizens can apply under locally registered companies only.
How do I get this service?
What supporting documents are required?
  • Copy of vehicle registration book 
  • Valid vehicle roadworthiness certificate
  • Valid permit from country of origin
  • Consignment Note
  • Copy of Certificate of Incorporation (companies).
  • Copy of one director's National ID (companies).
  • Copy of Shareholder's Certificates (companies).
  • Copy of business proposal (companies).
  • Expired permit (renewals).
  • Expired token (renewals). 
How long will this service take?


How much does it cost?

As per the pricing schedule provided. 

Where can I obtain this service?

 Permit issuing offices- Department of Road Transport and Safety

  • Gaborone Old Supplies Office
  • Molepolole
  • Lobatse
  • Kanye
  • Tsabong
  • Palapye
  • Serowe
  • Mahalapye
  • Francistown
  • Selebi Phikwe
  • Kasane
  • Maun
  • Ghanzi
Where can I get more information on this Service

Public Relations Unit

Department of Road Transport and Safety

Tshomarelo House

Botswana Savings Bank Building

Private Bag 0054  

Gaborone Botswana

Tel. (267) 368-8600

Fax.(267) 397-1117/1114

Email: mtcpro [at] 

Toll Free Number : 17779

Give Us Feedback