Skip to main content

Single Transit Permit


It is a transit single trip permit used to convey goods on transit through the country also issued at the border. 

Who is eligible?

Foreign registered vehicles on transit.  

How do I get this service?
What supporting documents are required?
  • Copy of vehicle registration book 
  • Valid vehicle roadworthiness certificate 
  • Valid permit from country of origin 
  • Consignment Note 
How long will this service take?

39 working days.

How much does it cost?

Please refer to the pricing schedule for reference.

Where can I obtain this service?

Department of  Road Transport and Safety  Offices - Permit issuing offices

  • Gaborone Old Supplies Office
  • Francistown
  • Ghanzi
  • Lobatse
  • Kanye
  • Molepolole
  • Mahalapye
  • Tsabong
  • Kasane
  • Maun 
  • Selebi Phikwe
  • Serowe
  • Palapye

Opening hours are from 07:30 to 16:30, Monday to Friday, except public holidays.

Where can I get more information on this Service

Department of Road Transport and Safety

Tshomarelo House Botswana Savings Bank Building

Private Bag 0054  Gaborone Botswana 
Tel. (267) 368-8600

Fax. (267) 3914338

Email. mtcpro [at]

Give Us Feedback