The holder of a title deed to a property which has been mortgaged may cancel registration of such a bond.
Any registered holder of a title deed over a property may cancel a registration of a mortgage bond.
Through the assistance of a Conveyancer (an attorney admitted as a conveyancer by courts of law).
- A registered mortgage bond to be cancelled
- Title deed of the property
- Consent (of the bond holder) to cancellation of the bond prepared by conveyancer (an attorney admitted as a conveyancer by courts of law)
- A resolution by the lender of the mortgage bond, where necessary
- Submissions are accepted from 07:30 to 11:00 each day at the deeds office
- Consent to cancellation prepared by conveyancer (an attorney admitted as a conveyancer by courts of law) of the execution of registration or cancellation of property to mortgage bond
- A resolution where necessary
If all documents are submitted at the time of registration, the process should take approximately five working days.
Conveyancer’s fees or other costs may apply.
For more information please contact the two deeds offices available below. Opening hours are from 07:30 to 12:45 and 13:45 to 16:30, Monday to Friday, except public holidays.
For properties south of Dibete, including the districts of Ghanzi and Kgalagadi:
Deeds Registry Gaborone
Attorney General's Chamber
Ground and First Floor
Private Bag 0020
For properties north of and in Dibete (Dibete included):
Deeds Registry Francistown
plot 252, Old BGI Building
Private Bag F283