Foreign nationals are allowed to stay in Botswana for a period of 90 days without applying for a residence or work permit. If visitors want to stay in Botswana for longer than 90 days, they will have to apply for an extension to stay beyond the validity period.
Visitors who have exhausted their 90 days period of visit in Botswana and wish to extend their stay qualify for this service.
In order to access this service, applicants must complete the following steps.
- Justification letter requesting for extension of days
- You will be issued with an Extension of days sticker if your application is successful
- You will be required to leave the country if your application has been rejected.
- Letter of support from host in Botswana.
- Covering letter from the applicant indicating the reasons for extension of days.
- One coloured passport size photo.
- Certified copy of valid applicant’s passport information page.
- Two certified copies of valid passport pages showing movement (stamps of entering countries).
- Certified copy of Host’s Residence or Exemption Certificate Permit or Certified copies of valid national identity card (Omang).
The service takes three days to complete. The applicant should submit this application before the 90 days period lapses.
The costs for this service are BWP500.00
Departmental HQ, Regional Immigration Offices and District Immigration Offices.
Department of Immigration and Citizenship
Ministry of Nationality, Immigration and Gender Affairs
Government Enclave, Block 8, Khama Crescent
P. O. Box 942
Tel. (+267) 361 1300
Toll Free. 0800 600 777
Opening hours: 7:30 to 12:45, and 13:45 to 16:30, Monday to Friday, except public holidays.