Central Transport Organisation (CTO) conducts accreditation of private garages bi-annually; that is in April/May and October/November. This is a process of vetting services offered by private garages and dealerships to Government Ministries/Departments. The purpose of this exercise is to ensure that quality service is provided in accordance with expected national and international standards. Garages and Workshops that conform to stipulated requirements are issued with certificates valid for one (1) year.
Accreditation Certificates are issued in three categories as follows:
- Category A-Small cars
- Category B-Trucks and Buses
- Category C-Plant Machinery
Accreditation Certificates are also issued in three(3) classes;
- Class 1-Repairs below BWP 30,000
- Class 2-Repairs between BWP 30,000 and BWP 60,000
- Class 3-Repairs above BWP 60,000
When Accreditation Certificate expires, Garage owners have an obligation of requesting for renewal of which CTO will then initiate the process to complete the renewal. The process of renewal involves a visit to these premises and the inspection is carried out in the same manner as the initial one.
Citizen and non-citizen owned garages.
- Respond to invitation to submit applications for private garage registration and accreditation as advertised in the media.
- Preliminary evaluation will be conducted .
- Site visit and inspection to premises/workshops of all the applicants to check compliance of their accommodation, tools & equipment etc.
- Final evaluation report is compiled to show which companies met the requirements for accreditation. The report is sent to Ministerial Tender Committee (MTC) for adjudication with recommendations and all supporting documents.
- After approval by Ministry of Transport and Communications, successful applicants are issued with certificates and made to sign Service Level Agreements (SLAs) whilst unsuccessful ones are written letters with inspection forms attached to show where they did not meet the requirements.
- Tax Clearance
- Trading License
- PPADB Registration document
- Insurance Document
Two (2) months.
Central Transport Organisation (CTO) Head Office
Quality Assurance Unit -Private Garage Registration and Accreditation
Opening hours are from 07:30 to 16:30, Monday to Friday, except public holidays.