This service allows Livestock Keepers to be registered and allocated a Livestock Keeper ID in BAITS, this is linked with the electronically Identified Cattle, Brands Registration and location. The service involves, new registration, Renewal and /or issuance of a Keeper Card. Livestock keepers are valid for 2 years.
- Valid National Identity Card (Omang) and children under 16 years a Birth Certificate
- Non-citizens need to have a valid Resident Permit.
- Companies need to be in possession of a valid Company's Registration Certificate.
Visit the nearest Veterinary District Office for registration
- A valid National Identity Card (Omang) or a Birth Certificate for citizens (Original or certified).
- A valid Resident Permit and valid Passport for non-citizens (Original or certified).
- A valid Company’s Registration Certificate for companies.
Five (5) working days.
There is no cost, it is just registration of a Livestock Keeper at BWP10.00.
Department of Veterinary Services
Private Bag 0032
Email. moa17755 [at] gov.bw
Opening hours: 07:30 to 12:45 then 13:45 to 16:30, Monday to Friday, except public holidays.