This is issued to people who intend to visit Botswana for recreational purposes, or for other short-term non work related purposes. This visa allows entry into Botswana for up to one (1) month and is extendable on justification. The applicant must not engage in any employment while on a tourism visa, or else the visa will be rendered invalid.
All foreigners who require visas to enter Botswana as tourists are eligible for this service.
- Any immigration office (contact information listed below), Botswana embassy or consulate to fill and submit Form 1 (Application for Visa in person.
- Submit the required documents (listed below) with the application form.
- Check the outcome of your application from the office where the application was submitted after seven (7) working days.
- An approval/rejection letter is sent to the office where the application was made.
- If the Visa application is approved, it will be printed at that office where the application was made or if not printed the applicant can travel with the approval letter as proof of a Visa to Botswana and the Visa will be printed at the Airport/Immigration Ports of Entry.
The following documents are required to be submitted with the application form:
- Certified copy of page 1 and 2 of passport showing validity period not less than six (6) months.
- Two recent coloured passport size photos.
- Covering letter indicating reasons for visit.
- Flight itinerary and accommodation bookings or residential address in Botswana.
- A re-entry permit to the country where the applicant is ordinarily resident if such a permit is required by that country.
- Trip itinerary.
- Intent to depart Botswana after your trip.
It takes seven (7) to fourteen (14) days after the date of application for the service to be completed and or one (1) day if it is Visa on arrival.
The costs associated with this service are as follows:
- Single entry for a period up to one (1) months is BWP 300.00(US$30.00)
- Multiple entry for a period up to five (5) years is BWP 500.00 (US$50.00)
All Regional Immigration Offices, District Immigration Offices and Missions Abroad.
Department of Immigration and Citizenship
Ministry of Nationality, Immigration and Gender Affairs
Tel. (+267) 361 1300
Toll Free. 0800 600 777
Opening hours: 7:30 to 12:45, and 13:45 to 16:30, Monday to Friday, except public holidays.