Skip to main content

School Transportation (Rural Area Development Programme)

  • To ensure that children who are beneficiaries, living in the remote areas are entitled to free transportation to and from their boarding schools to enable them to have equal access to education.
  • These remote areas are determined by the challenges found in their actual location, conditions of the roads and accessibility to public transport.
Who is eligible?

Citizen and residents enrolled in a school, living in any of the ​ 6​9 Settlements Qualified Under the Rural Area Development Programme​ could apply. 

How do I get this service?

Any parent interested in accessing this service for his/her children must follow the following steps two (2)weeks prior to the beginning of the school term;

  • Visit the Social and Community Development (S&CD) office in the area with supporting documents outlined below, and  expressing transportation needs  to the S&CD officer. 
  • Provide the S&CD Officer with the children's and parents` names, home address, school address, and parents` contact information. 
  • The S&CD Officer would later advise the parents of their children collection time and location where they are to be collected.
What supporting documents are required?
  • Child's Birth Certificate.
  • Parents' National Identification document (Omang).
How long will this service take?

Five (5) working days

How much does it cost?

No cost

Where can I obtain this service?

Social and Community Development Offices

Where can I get more information on this Service

For more information or to access this service, please contact any of the Botswa​​na Urban and District Council Offices, 07:30 to 16:30, Monday to Friday, except public holidays.  ​

Give Us Feedback