- Provision of Legal Advice, representation or institute Court Proceedings.
- Intervention in local judicial practices in relation to private matters.
- Intervention in local investigations involving Motswana abroad (e.g. crimes committed, deaths occurred etc.)
- Conduct search and rescue efforts abroad.
- Paying of personal expenses for Batswana abroad (Issuing of loans, medical bills, hotel bills, payment of pensions, air fares, transport, meals, return of remains, financially supporting Batswana incarcerated abroad etc.)
- Assisting with transfer of funds for Batswana.
- Facilitating personal arrangements such as obtaining accommodation and work, residence, study permits for Batswana travelling or planning to live and work abroad.
- Intervention in relation to customs or quarantine requirements and regulations of foreign countries.
- Provision of security protection.
- Acceptance of responsibility for custody and safe return of property.
Ministry of International Affairs and Cooperation
Private Bag 00368
Tel. (+267) 3600700
Fax. (+267) 3973067
Email. miacprotocol [at] gov.bw
Tel. (+267) 3600744
Fax. (+267) 3974516
Opening hours: 07:30 to 12:45 and 13:45 to 16:30 Monday to Friday, except weekends and public holidays.