Skip to main content

Public Meetings and Processions Permit


The Permit allows the applicant to hold public meeting(s) or procession(s) within a controlled area for a specific period of time in accordance with the Public Order Act Cap. 22:02.  

Who is eligible?

Any person who wishes to convene a public meeting or to form a public procession within a controlled area

How do I get this service?
  • Applicant must write a letter of request to the Officer Commanding of the area clearly outlining the following:
  • Location of the requested area
  • Date and time of the event
  • Purpose/nature of the event
What supporting documents are required?
  • Valid Identification documents
  • Letter from the local authority (e.g Council), authorising the use of controlled area
  • In case of a procession, provide a route map
  • In case of petitions, a letter of acknowledgement from the receiving authority
How long will this service take?

Ten (10) working days

How much does it cost?


Where can I obtain this service?

Any Police station.

Where can I get more information on this Service

Any Police station.

Give Us Feedback