The service is for the facilitation of the release of a corpse from a health facility to next of kin/family.
Next of kin/family members.
Visit Ministry of Health and Wellness Headquarters
Floor 9, Office 9A18 (The service is currently offered at headquarters only)
- Three certified copies of death certificate.
- Three copies of non-infectious letter from the hospital.
- Three certified copies of passport of deceased.
- Three certified copies of passport of the accompanying person with the same surname (in case of different surnames, affidavit from police to be availed).
- If person died at home, three copies of police affidavit needed.
- Death certificate should always show cause of death, if not, affidavit from police to be availed to confirm there is no foul play.
There is no cost associated with this service
- Visit Ministry of Health and Wellness Headquarters in Gaborone
- Opening hours are from 07:30 to 16:30, Monday to Friday, except public holidays.