- Treasury and budget administration.
- Economic management and national development planning coordination.
- Financial administration and management.
- Mobilization of resources for economic development.
- Improving accountability for the use of resources.
- Facilitating improvements in proper implementation and monitoring processes.
- Ensuring strict adherence to budgetary processes.
- Facilitating the contributing role of the private sector and Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs) to the strategy of creating greater prosperity and embracing this in the development process.
- Facilitating and supporting citizen economic empowerment schemes and initiatives.
- Facilitating involvement of Botswana in regional and global economic issues.
- Economic and Financial Policy (EFP)
- Development and Budget (DB)
- Office of the Accountant General (OAG)
- Internal Audit (IA)
- Financial Intelligence Agency (FIA)
- Corporate Services (CS)
- Ministry Parastatals
List of Parastatals
- Botswana Savings Bank (BSB) www.bsb.bw
- Bank of Botswana (BOB) www.bankofbotswana.bw
- Public Procurement & assert Disposal Board (PPADB) www.ppadb.co.bw
- Botswana Unified Revenue Services (BURS) www.burs.org.bw
- National Development Bank (NDB) www.ndb.bw
- Motor Vehicle Accident Fund (MVA) www.mvafund.bw
- Statistics Botswana(SB) www.statsbots.org.bw
- Non-Bank Financial Institutions Regulatory Authority (NBFIRA) www.nbfira.org.bw
- Botswana Institute for Development Policy Analysis (BIDPA) www.bidpa.bw
- Botswana Stock Exchange (BSE) www.bsc.co.bw
- Botswana Public Officers Pension fund (BPOPF) www.bpopf.co.bw
Economic and Financial Policy (EFP)
- It is mandated to improve the welfare of Batswana through the formulation and coordination of national economic and financial policies.
- It comprises two sub-divisions, namely Macroeconomic Policy and Financial Policy. The responsibilities of the DEFP are as follows;
- Tax policy.
- International economic policy.
- Population and development.
- Human resources planning and enterprise development.
- Finance and banking.
- Insurance and pension.
- Macroeconomic policy.
Development and Budget (DB)
- Coordinating the formulation of the government's recurrent and development budgets.
- Control the use of budgetary resources.
- Public debt management.
- Cash flow analysis and reporting.
- Financial administration of loss of cash and stores.
- Disposal of unserviceable and obsolete stores
- Government motor vehicle accidents surcharges.
- Assisting ministries to identify cost recovery areas
Office of the Accountant General (OAG)
- Ensuring proper accounting.
- Financial services.
- Procurement advice and compliance.
- Discharge custodial services.
Internal Audit (IA)
- Examines all government records, inspects all physical assets
- Carry out audit assignments and reach objective conclusions.
Financial Intelligence Agency (FIA)
- The Financial Intelligence Agency is a Department under MFED responsible for requesting, receiving, analysing and disseminating financial information to relevant authorities.
- the aim is to strengthen efforts of national and international intelligence, investigation and enforcement agencies in persuing in the global fight against Money Laundering/Financing of Terrorism and related crimes.
Corporate Services (CS)
- Human Resourses Management and Administration.
- Safety Health Environment.
- Finance and Development.
- Information Technology.
- Public Relations.
- Procurement and Project Management.
- Corruption Prevention Coordination.
- Botswana Stock Exchange (BSE)
- Public Procurement & Asset Disposal Board (PPABD).
- National Development Bank (NDB).
- Botswana Unified Revenue Service (BURS).
- Botswana Institute of Development Policy Analysis (BIDPA).
- Motor Vehicle Accident Fund (MVA).
- Non-Bank Financial Institutions Regulatory Authority (NBFIRA).
- Statistics Botswana (SB).
- Botswana Institute of Chartered Accountants (BICA).
- Botswana Accountancy Oversight Authority (BAOA).
- Botswana Savings Bank (BSB).
Ministry Contact link
Email : compliance [at] fia.org.bw (mfed-pro[at]gov[dot]bw)
Website : www.finance.gov.bw
Opening hours: 7:30 to 12:45 and 13:45 to 16:30, Monday to Friday, except public holidays.