Skip to main content

Application for Permit to Purchase, Acquire and Possess Explosives


To ensure lawful purchase, acquisition and possession of explosives in Botswana.

Who is eligible?

Citizens and Non-Citizens..

How do I get this service?
  • Submit copies of company certificate of incorporation and trading licences including director's declaration forms.
  • A letter of appointment is required for the responsible person who should be a blasting license holder.
  • Arrange storage facility in accordance with the requirement of Explosives Act Cap 24:02.
  • Arrange transportation of explosives according to  Explosives Act Cap 24:02.
  • Submit a letter of engagement from the client where the explosives will be used.
What supporting documents are required?

Applicants require:

Download and complete  Application for permit to purchase, acquire and possess explosives

  • Company certificate of incorporation
  • Trading licence
  •  Company share certificate
How long will this service take?

Five (5) working days.

How much does it cost?

No cost.

Where can I obtain this service?

Department of Mines

Ministry of Education building floor 4

P/Bag 0049




Government Enclave, Block 6

Khama Crescent

Tel. (+267) 365 7000

Fax. (+267) 395 2141

Email: mines [at] (mines[at]gov[dot]bw)


Opening hours: 7:30 to 12:45 and 13:45 to 16:30, Monday to Friday, except public holidays.

Where can I get more information on this Service


Department of Mines

P/Bag F0081




Plot 1280, Government Camp

Tel. (+267) 245 0200

Fax. (+267) 240 6004

Email: mines [at] (mines[at]gov[dot]bw)

Give Us Feedback