Skip to main content

Urgent Applications


It is an application whereby the normal rules of court relating to services and setting time are dispensed with, due to the degree of urgency of the matter brought before court.

Who is eligible?

Any party to a case who feels that their case is urgent and they cannot get any redress in future should the case follow the normal method of enrollment.

How do I get this service?

In order to file an urgent application, follow the steps below:

  1. Complete notice of motion form at the Court Registry.
  2.  Affidavit (stating the grounds on which render the matter urgent and the reasons why the one claims that he/she could not be afforded substantial redress in due course)-The affidavit must detail the facts upon which the applicant relies upon for relief.
  3. File and serve the application on the Respondent(s).
  4. File proof of service the matter is forwarded to the Judge for assessment on the papers filed as to the urgency and communicate the way forward to the Registrar(s).
  5. If indeed the Judge determines on the papers filed that the case is urgent, and then a date will be set immediately and notices of set down dispatched to the parties.

The court will then hear the appeal on the date set and make its determination.

What supporting documents are required?
  • Notice of Motion
  • Founding Affidavit
  • Draft Order
How long will this service take?

Once the application has been delivered to the Judge for enrollment, the process is expected to be completed within approximately three months.

How much does it cost?

This service is for free.

Where can I get more information on this Service

For more information, please refer to the Industrial Court Rules or contact the office listed below.

The Registrar

Industrial Court of Botswana

Private Bag BR 267

Gaborone, Botswana

Phone: (+267) 3900565  

Fax: (+267) 3900567

Facebook: Industrial Court of Botswana

Opening hours: 07:30 to 12:45 and 13:45 to 16:30 Monday to Friday, except weekends and public holidays.

Additional information can also be obtained in the Industrial Court Rules


Give Us Feedback