This programme assists customers whose plots are undeveloped with no structure. The programme is geared towards promoting citizen home ownership. For a customer to be assisted, the plot should be fenced with a standpipe.
In order to be assisted or qualify for the programme one must be:
- A citizen of Botswana.
- Individual aged between the ages of twenty one -sixty (21-60) years.
- Employed individuals falling within the income bracket of BWP 4 400 to BWP 52 000 per annum. Note that where the applicant is married, spouse income should be taken into consideration in assessing eligibility.
- Public employees (D4 and below) falling within the income bracket of BWP 4 400 to BWP 192 000 per annum. Note that where the applicant is married, spouse income is taken into consideration. Self-employed, business persons and farmers fall within the same income bracket.
- Pensioners who earn between BWP 4 400 – BWP 52 000 per annum and of ages less than sixty (60) years old.
By lodging an application with the nearest District Council office across the country.
Customers must present themselves in person with:
- Certified copy of valid national identity card (omang).
- Certified copy of Common lease or Certificate of Common Land Grant.
- Latest Pay slip.
- A certified copy of Marriage Certificate if married.
- Verification of employment for individuals working at private companies
- Verification of self-employment from self-employed individuals
- Surety form obtained from SHHA offices.
It will mainly depends on the length of the waiting list and availability of funds at the time the applications is lodged.
- The loan is BWP 90.000.00 payable in twenty (20) years in monthly installments of BWP 375.00 interest free.
- Should the applicant default, 10% interest will be charged only on the installment amount for that particular month. i.e. interest is not cumulative.
From any District Council office across the country.