Facilitation of international journalists for news coverage while in the country. The application must be submitted at least one month before the intended travel to Botswana.
Who is eligible?
How do I get this service?
Download, complete and submit the Press Accreditation Form with the relevant supporting documents.
What supporting documents are required?
- Copies of the first two pages of the applicant’s passport
- Two (2) passport sized photos
- An official assignment letter from the media organisation. This letter should:
- Confirm that the journalist/photographer is on an assignment for the news agency/newspaper/station
- State the event or topic the journalist/photographer is covering
- Provide the time frame required for coverage
- Provide a copy of the press card or other form of identification that confirms that the journalist is employed by the specific media house
How long will this service take?
Three (3) working days.
How much does it cost?
Where can I get more information on this Service
Public Relations office
Office of the President
Private Bag 001
Tel. (+267) 369 8516 / 395 0873
Email: op-pr-office [at] gov.bw
Opening hours: 07:30 to 12:45 then 13:45 to 16:30, Monday to Friday except, public holidays.