Skip to main content

Issuance of Livestock Permit

  • This service allows farmers to move animals across the country in order to achieve country wide traceability of animals.
  • Animal movement can be for the following purposes; for slaughter, for rearing and translocation.
Who is eligible?
  • Registered Livestock Keeper (citizens and non-citizens legally resident in Botswana)
  • Unregistered keeper (Diplomats, Tourists)
How do I get this service?
  • For farmers with access to internet connectivity, apply online using
  • Farmers without internet connectivity visit BAITS cafes/agent.
  • For international permits only a request can be done online but collection of the permit is done at a local DVS office.
What supporting documents are required?
  • An original and valid Brand Certificate or certified copy
  • Valid Keeper ID Card
  • An import certificate with conditions from the country you are sending your consignment to.
How long will this service take?

One (1) working day depending on the quantity of consignment moved.

How much does it cost?

No cost.

Where can I get more information on this Service

Department of Veterinary Services (DVS) District Offices and BAITS Café/agent

Call Centre:


Email. moa17755 [at]

Opening hours: Week days from 7:30 to 12:45 and 13:45 to 16:30, (Monday to Friday) except public holidays. 


Give Us Feedback