Skip to main content

Animal/Wildlife Import Permit


The transport of animal/wildlife into Botswana requires a permit. The permit is necessary to restrict movement of animals/wildlife into Botswana. Those interested in the permit must contact the Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species of Wild Fauna and Flora (CITES) licensing office at the Department of Wildlife and National Parks for guidance regarding import and export of CITES controlled species. This permit covers land and air modes of transport. Exotic species are not allowed to be imported to Botswana. The service is mostly used by Game Ranchers.

Who is eligible?

Citizen and Non-Citizen

How do I get this service?
What supporting documents are required?
  • Export Permit from country of departure
  • Certified Copy of National Identity Card (Omang)
  • Certified Copy of Passport
  • Physical Examination report of Animal before export
  • Contact details from country of departure
How long will this service take?


How much does it cost?

The prices differ according to the animal products and species as per Wildlife Conservation and National Parks Act of 1992.

Where can I get more information on this Service

Department of Wildlife and National Parks

Plot 50380 Moedi House, Fairgrounds



Tel. (+267) 3971405

Fax. (+267) 3180775

Email: dwnp [at]

Opening Hours: 07:30 to 12:45 and 12:45 to 16:30, Monday to Friday, except on Public Holidays.

Give Us Feedback