This service assists farmers with the building of abattoirs for safe and hygienic processing of poultry. This is a package under the Livestock Management and Infrastructure Development (LIMID) Programme which is a government programme aimed at improving livestock management. The beneficiary is expected to have completed a project within two (2) years after approval.
- Citizens eighteen (18) years and above.
- Small scale poultry (broiler) producers.
- A cooperative which comprises a minimum of fifteen (15) members
- Fill and Submit LIMID 6 – Poultry Abattoir Application Form with the relevant supporting documents.
- After registration, an animal production officer will contact the applicant in writing with details related to the status of his application.
- Certified copy of valid National Identity Card (Omang).
- Certified copy of Landboard certificate.
- A copy of an approved constitution.
- A copy of the business plan.
- Quotations for the items required.
One (1) month if all required documents are submitted.
Department of Animal Production
Plot 4701, Mmaraka road
Private Bag 0032
Tel. (+267)TEL: (+267) 3689625 3689625
Fax. (+267) 3951120
Email:moa17755 [at] gov.bw
Opening hours: 07:30 to 12:45 then 13:45 to 16:30, Monday to Friday, except public holiday.