The ex-service men and spouse(s) of a deceased veteran who were involved in World Wars I and II are entitled to an allowance in recognition of their contributions. The applicant must complete and submit a life declaration form every 6 months.
The allowance is BWP600.00
Please note that this form must be written and signed in the presence of the District Commissioner.
- Botswana citizens with a valid national identification card (Omang) who participated in World War I or World War II.
- Spouse(s) of a deceased veteran who participated in the wars and has not married another man who ever participated in the World Wars following the death of the veteran husband or wife.
- A deceased veteran's child under 21 years of age whose mother is also deceased.
- Visit the local tribal administration office to request a declaration letter confirming the veteran's participation in the war. For a list of tribal administration office across the country, click here.
- Take the declaration letter and supporting documents to the District Commissioner's office, requesting enrolment into the veterans pension programme. For a list of these Botswana Urban and District Council offices, please click here.
- Download and complete the Registration of Beneficiary Form or visit the Department of Social Services to complete the form and submit with relevant supporting documents.
- Indicate preference of payment either through the 12 month voucher book at the post office / Tribal administration office in his or her area or monthly bank transfer.
- National Identification Card (Omang).
- Declaration Letter from Tribal Authority.
- Passport (Non-citizen).
- Residence Permit (Non-citizen).
- Marriage Certificate (Spouse).
- Birth Certificate (Children).
- Veteran's Death Certificate (Spouse & Children).
- Spouse's Death Certificate (Children).
One (1) month.
Social Protection Service Offices at any District or Urban Council.
Ministry of Local Government & Rural Development
Department of Social Protection
Private Bag 0097
TEL: 397 1916
Fax. (+267) 397-1866
Opening hours are from 7:30 to 16:30, Monday to Friday, except public holidays.