Areas of Responsibility
- Facilitating Employment
- Workplace Health and Safety
- Promotion of Productivity and Work Ethic in the Workplace
- Labour Administration
- Industry focused Skills Development
Departments/Sections of the Ministry
- Department of Labour and Social Security
- Department of Occupational Health and Safety
- Department of Skills Development
Departments/Sections and Key Functions
Department of Labour and Social Security
- To ensure harmonious labour relations in the country, resulting in enhanced productivity and rapid socio-economic growth and development through implementation of labour laws and policies.
Department of Occupational Health and Safety
- To deal with regulation of condition of employment in factories and other places as regards to the safety, health and welfare of persons employed therein
- To deal with inspection and safety of certain plants and machinery and for the purposes incidental to or connected with matters aforesaid.
Department of Skills Development
- To provide quality, accessible and equitable Vocational Education and Training to enable individuals to contribute to national socioeconomic and technology advancement.
Ministry Contact Details
Ministry of Employment Labour Productivity and Skills Development
Private Bag 516
Block 8, Government Enclave
Tel. (+267) 3732700 / 2600
Fax. (+267) 3952261
Email: melsdpr [at] gov.bw
Toll Free Number: 0800 600 186
Opening hours: 7:30 am to 12:45 and 13:45 to 16:30, Monday to Friday, except public holidays.