This service allows citizens and non-citizens access to public libraries so that they may borrow books from all libraries across Botswana.
Citizens and non-citizens
To obtain an “Adult membership”;
- Download, complete and submit an application form to the nearest library.
To obtain an “Children’s membership”
- Parent/Guardian must fill in an application form.
- Parent/Guardian has to sign to consent to his/ her child’s application.
- Submit the application form to the nearest library.
Library membership expires after two (2) years
- Citizens: a copy of a certicified National Identity Card (Omang)
- Non-Citizens: a certified copy of Passport
One (1) working day
All libraries and village reading rooms
Opening hours: 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday, Saturday from 09:00 to 12:00 noon except on holidays.