This service is intended for Authors, Self-Publishers, Editors and Publishers in general. The International Standard Book Number (ISBN) is a unique identification number of a book, while the International Standard Serial Number (ISSN) is a serial number used to uniquely identify a serial publication. These numbers are issued to publishers and individual authors so that their authored work can be easily identified for consumption in the international market.
Any individual or publishing entity intending to publish their work in Botswana.
Application for ISBN:
- Visit the National Reference Library (NRL) or local public libraries to fill and submit ISBN Application Form with supporting documents.
- Deposit two book copies with the NRL
Application for ISSN:
- Visit the Ministry of Youth Empowerment, Sport and Culture Development to apply for the ISSN at;
BOTSWANA NATIONAL LIBRARY SERVICE
CBD, Y2K BUILDING, PLOT 54372
PRIVATE BAG 0036, GABORONE
TEL: +267 3901186
FAX: +267 3901149
FACEBOOK PAGE: BOTSWANA NATIONAL LIBRARY SERVICE: BNLS
EMAIL (FOR ISBN REQUESTS/ENQUIRIES): botsin [at] gov.bw
ISSN PORTAL (ISSN REQUESTS): www.issn.org
- National identity card (Omang) for citizens
- Certified copy of the Bio-page of passport for non-citizens
- ISBN Application: a copy of book cover, title, introduction pages for book and the brief abstract/summary of the book. For a novel, only the cover and title pages are submitted
- ISSN Application: a copy of the cover page showing the frequency of the serial and the editorial page
- ISBN - Issued immediately
- ISSN – Ten (10) days
ISBN - BNLS Public Libraries and National Reference Library
ISSN - International Standard Serial Number website www.issn.org