This board supports athletes who have grievances that need to be addressed. It follows procedures of addressing grievances when a member of Botswana National Sport Council has been aggrieved by decisions of the Council as per Botswana National Sport Council Act CA 60:01. The grievances that (National Appeals Board) NAB addresses emanates from rulings made by Disciplinary Committees of the various National Sport Associations.
The National Appeals Board is an independent board and is composed of four persons whom the Minister of Youth Empowerment, Sport and Culture Development has identified to be capable of adjudicating sport appeals. National Appeals Board is housed in the Ministry of Youth Empowerment, Sport & Culture Development. The National Appeals Board acts as the higher tribunal court for Sport issues in Botswana and primarily reviews or hears the appeals before them in a fair manner in line with the existing sport codes and association legislations.
- Appellant shall also serve all concerned parties with the same documents of the appeal.
- Once the appeal has been scheduled all concerned parties are notified in writing.
- The appellant and respondent are allowed to be represented by two representatives.
- Where the appeal is not complex the NAB Chairperson will announce the ruling at conclusion of presentation by all parties involved.
- A written judgment will be then delivered at a date to be communicated to concerned parties.
- All appeals shall be made in writing and submitted to the Secretary of the National Appeals Board housed in the Ministry of Youth Empowerment, Sport & Culture Development.
- All appeals should be submitted within seven (7) working days after receipt of the Disciplinary Committee ruling.
- Appeals should be accompanied by a fee of BWP 50.00
Only appellant letter.
Seven (7) days.
Ministry of Youth Empowerment, Sport and Culture Development Headquarters.