In order to achieve the above purpose the Unit performs the following functions:
Human Resource Information Technology Policy Development
· Accessing and developing HRM IT policies and strategies
· Developing and ensuring the maintenance of appropriate system and procedures with respect to security and data availability controls.
· Developing and maintaining sound quality assurance systems to ensure that the HRM users have quality and relevant data from which policies can be developed.
Technical Support Coordination
Infrastructure Support Development
· Maintaining, monitoring and controlling on a continuous basis, the networked infrastructure required for all HRM applications to operate effectively such as:
mainframe and workstation computing systems and their peripheral equipment
o Management of the DPSM intranet protocols such as its related LAN and WAN with ministries
o Provision of onsite support to ministries with regard to HRM systems
· Support, maintenance and implementation of complaint software and other appliances such as:
o Definition and implementation of Infinium HR rules/controls
o installation of new releases
o end user assistance
o report generation
Procurement and distribution of the necessary equipment and peripherals
· Reviewing the status of the infrastructure and operating environment of the HRM information systems
· Accordingly sourcing, procuring and installing in consultation with the Government Computer Bureau and the Public Procurement and Asset Disposal Board, and monitoring the implementation of computer systems spares and peripherals
· Managing external systems consultants in conjunction with the Government Computer Bureau
End-Users Training and Development
· Developing guidelines and procedures in consultation with the Human Resources Management for end users training in the appropriately and adequate use of the HRM systems in both DPSM and Ministries/Departments
o continuously provide end-user training in all the Human Resource Management and related applications, in order to ensure compliance and the development of competencies in the use of the Human Resource systems.
o assessing the training provided by the third party trainers to ensure value for money
Knowledge Management Implementation
· Developing document management system, data warehousing of Human Resource policies and archiving of all Human Resource related information
· Implementation of data mining protocols and security systems
developing Communities of Practice infrastructure (intranet) of knowledge sharing and real-time collaboration through smart calendaring groupware systems, etc.