Local time: Monday, 17 February 2020 02:15:14hrs
I am looking for: 

Botswana Police Service
How can I apply for a Temporary Permit to Possess Arms or Am...

Ø  Produce an Arm Certificate;


Ø  You are required to be 18 years of age or above.

Ø  Complete an application form (Form No.5) at the nearest Police Station;

Ø  Produce purchased firearm to the Station Commander for verification of the type, caliber and serial number.

Ø  Where Ammunition is involved, its number to be stated and shown to the Station Commander.

1.    Acquire a Temporary Permit (Completed Form No.7 - valid from one day to 12 months) from the Station Commander;



Can I apply for the service online?


Currently there is no provision for online service


Cost involved in obtaining the service

Ø  The service is currently P10-00.

Ø  The Act is under review to have the nominal fee increased

P 10.00
Service Branches:
You may locate the service branche in charge in the  
Copyright © 2011 Government of Botswana. All rights reserved.