IMPORT AND EXPORT PERMITS.
1. Service Description
The Department of Agribusiness Promotion issue permits for the following products;
Animal feed for poultry and livestock, Sorghum grain, Sorghum products, Maize grain, Maize products, Millet grain, Millet products, Wheat grain, Wheat products, Pulses (Castor beans, Groundnuts), and Sunflower seed.
2. Who can make an application for permit?
· a holder of a valid trading license;
· a citizen of Botswana and is not a minor;
· a resident permit for non-citizens;
· a company or firm registered and carrying on business in Botswana;
· a valid street vendor license
3. How do I apply and obtain service?
· An application for an import permit shall be made to the Permit Offices in the Ministry of Agriculture establishments countrywide.
· Every application shall be accompanied by the following valid documents;
4. What are the requirements?
· Trading license and Certificate of Incorporation
· Sanitary and Phytosanitary (SPS) Permit
· Botswana Bureau of Standards (BOBS) Certificate
· PROOF OF LOCAL PURCHASE.
Any person applying for an import permit to source products listed below shall produce, to the authorized officer, such information or documents (invoices) as the officer may require, proving that at least—
(a) 30% of the maize grain;
(b) 70% of the maize meal, samp, maize rice or animal feed for poultry and livestock;
(c) 50% of the sorghum grains; or
(d) 70% of the sorghum meal, sorghum rice or any other processed sorghum product (animal feed), which is the subject of his or her application, was obtained in Botswana
5. Cost involved in obtaining the service.
The service is free.
6. Where can I get more information?
Department of Agribusiness Promotion
Division of Agricultural Trade
Private Bag 00298
Tel: (267) 3689386/92/83