The Division of Horticulture and Beekeeping is made up of four sections namely Vegetable Production, Fruit Production, Floriculture and Landscape Production and Beekeeping which are tasked to provide the following service:
1. Facilitate establishment of horticulture and beekeeping projects.
2. Transfer of technologies in order to:
· Maximize production
· Promote commercialization of the horticulture and beekeeping industries
· Promote diversification of the horticultural industry through production of non-traditional high value crops
3. Conduct demonstrations, farm walks & field days to enhance technology adoption.
4. Appraise farmer’s projects.
5. Assist the public to capture bees.
6. Facilitate formation of producer associations.
How Do I Obtain The Service
Contact the nearest Front Line Extension Agent (A.D.) or District Crop Production Officer (DCPO)
How Do I Apply For The Service?
No application forms involved
Cost Involved In Obtaining Service
Currently the service is provided free of charge
Where Can I get More Information?
Postal Address: Physical Address:
Chief Horticulture & Beekeeping Officer Ministry of Agriculture
Department of Crop Production Plot No.4701 Mmaraka Road
Private Bag 00435 Division of Hort. & Beekeeping
Gaborone 2nd Floor
Telephone: 3689055/3974090 Gaborone
Fax: 3907057Email: email@example.com