Integrated Support Programme for Arable Agricultural Development (ISPAAD)
ISPAAD is one of the main Agricultural Support Schemes introduced in 2008 to address challenges in the arable sub-sector; of poor technology adoption by farmer and low productivity of the sub-sector.
The primary objectives of ISPAAD are:
· Increase grain production
· Promote food security at household and national levels
· Commercialize agriculture through mechanisation
· Facilitate access to farm inputs and credit
· Improve extension outreach
Components of project
How do I obtain the service
Contact the nearest Department of Crop Production Office. Application forms are there and help is available on how to fill the forms.
How do I apply for the service?
Forms are available at the nearest Department of Crop Production offices, and the point of assistance is the Extension Officer from your extension area.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
· Farmers should register with the Ministry of Agriculture extension officer in their area.
· All farmers aged 18 years and above with Omang or resident and work permits will be required to produce proof of land accessibility (dully allocated or leased).
Where can I get more information?
Postal address Physical address
ISPAAD Coordinator Ministry of Agriculture HQ
Department Crop Production Plot 4701 Mmaraka Road
Private Bag 00435 ISPAAD Office
Gaborone 2nd Floor, Office 231