Local time: Saturday, 29 February 2020 16:23:35hrs
I am looking for: 

Ministry of Minerals, Energy and Water Resources (MMEWR)
Authorisation to export explosives

1. Service Description

 Issuing the permit to export explosives to other countries

2. How do I obtain service

  •   Visit Depart of Mines, or mail to Department of Mines.
  •  The Authorisation can only be acquired if the applicant comply with the following requirements:

                                                  i.      If the applicant is an individual, he must be the holder of a valid Botswana blasting licence required

                                                ii.      If the applicant is a company, it must have in its employment a person holding valid Botswana blasting licences to accompany consignments.

                                              iii.      The applicant must have licensed explosives storage facility for the consignment for the purpose of storing before shipping.

                                              iv.      The applicant must have licensed transport facility for explosives.

                                                v.      Applicant exporting must register with the Department of Mines

3. How do I apply for the service

  • A written request accompanied by an application format prescribed by the DepartmentVisit Department of Mines office.
  •       A copy of the permit/authority to import explosives issued by the country to which the explosives to be exported
  • A copy of the valid purchase order from the importer in the foreign country

4. Cost involved in obtaining service

  • No charges

5. Where can I get more information

  • Visit Department of Mines office
  • Telephone
  • Fax
  • email

For detailed information on this service visit:


Service Branches:
You may locate the service branche in charge in the  
Copyright © 2011 Government of Botswana. All rights reserved.