1. Service Description
Connection of water points to households, commercial, institutional, industrial and small agricultural establishments excluding irrigation in 15 major villages.
2. How do I obtain the service?
Contact the Department of Water Affairs (DWA) station. Conduct a site visit to assess the feasibility for connection. If the feasibility report is positive the request is accepted.
3. How do I apply for the service?
· Complete the prescribed form W2 or W1 and be accompanied by verification of title to the land (i.e. Customary Land Grant Certificate, Title Deed and Letter of authority from the Director of Lands).
· Submit original application form for Grant of water right made on the prescribed form together with a copy of the Customary Land Grant Certificate or the Title Deed incase of the State Land the letter of authority to use the State Land from the Director of Lands.
4. How much does it cost?
- P60.00 for processing the application
- Pipeline trenches done by customer: P479.00.
- Pipeline trenches done by DWA: P879.00.
- Incase of connection outside the water works area the fee is determined by the total cost of providing the connection.
5. Where can I get more information?
More information can be obtained from:
Department of Water Affairs
Private Bag 0029
For detailed information on this service visit: