Local time: Tuesday, 21 January 2020 16:21:50hrs
I am looking for: 

Ministry of Minerals, Energy and Water Resources (MMEWR)
Restricted Blasting Licence
Restricted Blasting Licence

1. Service Description

Restricted Blasting Licence is a document that allows a person to carry out blasting operations in wells, trenches and other civil works.

2. How do I obtain the service

·        Visit Department of mines office in Gaborone or Francistown

3. How do I apply for service

You should provide the Department with;

  • Certified copies of certificates
  • Police clearance certificate
  • Proof of practical experience
      • 150 shifts for non diploma and degree holders in mining engineering
      • 75 shifts for diploma and degree holders in mining engineering
    • Letter from the company or the blasting licence holder who is the instructor stating that the incumbent is ready for writing examinations
    • Minimum of 90 days should have ellapsed for a candidate to appear for the next attempt. Only three attempts are allowed. 
    • Two copies of passport size photographs with his/her name written at the back

4. Cost involved in obtaining the service

  • P2.00

5. Where can I get more information

  • Department of Mines office in Francistown or Gaborone
  •  Website: www.mines.gov.bw

  • Telephone

  •  Email

  • Fax

Printable version
Copyright © 2011 Government of Botswana. All rights reserved.