This services is aimed at empowering economically vulnerable people by engaing them in suitable social and economic activities. The assistance can be obtained from Home economic extension officers in all districts.
Who qualifies for support?
- Temporary destitude persons
- Potential destitude persons
- Registered with the Social and Community Development Department
What kind of assistance do i get?
- Grants for small projects
- Skill deveopment
- Referals for further training and mentoring
Examples of rehabilitation projects
- Recycling; paper, tins, used tyres, plastics, fabric remants
- Services; laundry, daycare, house,office cleaning, catering shoe shine, car wash
- Arts and crafts; fine arts, basketry, leatherwork.
- food processing
- Crop and animal production. Fruitress, vegetable, poultry, dairy, small stock etc