Local time: Thursday, 23 January 2020 21:24:32hrs
I am looking for: 

Ministry of Land Management, Water & Sanitation Services
Allocation of Land

Land in Botswana is in three tenures being State Land, Tribal Land and Freehold Farms

State Land

State Land is allocated by the Department of Lands and this is only in 8 Urban areas of Botswana (Gaborone, Francistown, Selibe-Phikwe, Jwaneng, Lobatse, Ghanzi and Kasane).

Applications for state land residential plots are for free and only open to Batswana holding a valid omang ID and above the age of 18. Commercial, Industrial and are allocated by way of Tender.

The applicant of State Land must note that state land is not for free

Tribal Land

Allocation of tribal land in all the Villages in Botswana is done by the 12 Main Land Boards and their subordinate land boards (41). The applicants are expected to fill Customary Land Rights form and submit to the land board in response to invitation to apply.

Downloadable Form
Send completed form to:
Submit to your Land Board- Only when they take land applications
Copyright © 2011 Government of Botswana. All rights reserved.