Who is eligible to apply for this service?
Any foreign national who wishes to stay in Botswana.
What do you need to qualify for application of this service?
Students, Inclusions and Dependants
- Two identical passport size photos of each person (taken at the time of application.
- Birth and Marriage Certificates or a certified copy thereof in respect of each applicant, if the applicant is unable to provide such proof of birth, a statement setting out the reasons must be attached.
- A copy of the court order in question certified as being correct by an official of the court which made it, is required (if legaally seperated).
- A medical report for each application.
- In the case of an employee, certified copies of the applicant’s certificates and references or testimonials.
- Business documents shall also be provided in cases of investors and the self employed.
- A proof of admission letter in case of students.
Persons who are above 18 are required to apply separately if they wish to stay in Botswana and their applications should be supported by the person(s) upon whom they will depend while in Botswana.
How much does it cost?
How long does it take to get response for this service?
It takes 30 days and customers get a response in writing.
NB: Please ensure that you have all the necessary documents as provided in the checklist for residence permit applications and/or renewals.
Who do I contact for this service?
Department of Immigration and Citizenship
Tel: 361 1300
Migration and Visa Division
Tel: 361 1327/44
Toll Free: 0800 600 777