Registration of Trade Unions and Employers' Organisations
How do I obtain the service?
A trade union or employer organization may apply for registration after 28 days of its formation
- Obtain application forms from labour office
- Completed forms should be submitted to the labour office accompanied by:
- 3 original copies of constitution
- A copy of resolution by which it was formed
- A list of full names of all members of the trade union or employer organization
- A written statement setting out name of the union; postal address and location of its office; date of its formation; titles, full names, ages, postal and residential addresses; and occupations of those officers who are signatories to the application
How much does it cost?
NB: The trade union applying for registration must submit 3 possible names from which its name will be chosen.
Where do I obtain the service?
Department of Labour and Social Security Head Office
Block 8, Government Enclave
Private Bag 0072
Toll free number 0800 600 777