Application for replacement of a lost permit
Who qualifies for this service?
- All expatriates who has lost a work permit.
What does it take to apply for the service?
- Statement/Affidavit from the police stating how the permit got lost or damaged.
- Copy of the lost permit (if available).
- Cover letter to the regional office.
- If one is an employee, your employer should write the letter for you confirming you are still employed by the company.
- If one is a director, a fellow director should write the letter for you confirming that you still work with them in the company.
- Both letters must include the physical address and contact numbers.
- Submit a letter from them confirming that they are still employed by the company.
- Applicant should fill in a duplicate form (Form no.6) at the regional office.
- Forms should then be submitted to the nearest Regional Labour office.
What do I need to apply for the service as an employee?
- 2 passport size photos for submission to the Labour office.
- An extra 2 passport size photos are required for submission at the Immigration office if applicant has also lost their residence permit.
How much does it cost to apply for this service?
- Replacement fee of: P1500
How long does it take to get a renewal of a work permit ready?
- 30 working days after the date of application.
Where can I get the forms for work permit?
- At any Labour office in the country near you.
Who do I contact for this service?
Department of Labour and Social Security
Private Bag 0072
Tel: 361 1500
Toll Free: 0800 600 777