Local time: Thursday, 23 January 2020 22:56:51hrs
I am looking for: 

Application for a Filming Permit in Botswana

What is a filming permit?

It is a permission granted in the form of a written document to any individual/group of people who want to film in Botswana.

NB: When shooting in any part of Botswana where there is flora and fauna, the permission is granted by the Ministry fo Environment, Wildlife and Tourism at a cost of P10 000.00.

Who should get a filming permit?

Anybody who is a citizen and/or non citizen with a valid visa.

What is required to get a filming permit? ( e.g. documentation)

  • Application letter
  • Download, fill in and complete the filming permit application form
  • Attach copies of identity documents(provide an identity card if you are a citizen of Botswana or a passport with a valid visa if you are a non citizen

How much does it cost ?

  • Free

(Anyone who wishes to shoot in any part of Botswana where there is flora and fauna should contact: Ministry of Environment ,Wildlife and Tourism at 00267 3647900 / 00267 3647911.

 How long does it take to get a permit?

Two months.

The request is forwarded to all other relevenat Ministries to give consent for the issuance, before the Ministry of  Labour and Home Affairs can  finalise the issuance of the permit.

Who to contact regarding a filming permit?

Ministry of Labour and Home Affairs

Corporate Services

Public Relations Office

Private Bag 002



Work Telephone Number: 00267 11115 /  00267 365 1180

Toll Free Number: 0800 600 777

Time Zone: +2 GMT

 Working hours

 Monday to Friday:   0730hrs -1245hrs

                                 1345hrs -1630hrs





Service Branches:
You may locate the service branche in charge in the  
Copyright © 2011 Government of Botswana. All rights reserved.