Annual Global Expo-Botswana
Annual Global Expo Botswana is the country's premier business-to-business exhibition, hosted and managed by BEDIA. The objectives of the expo are:
- Attract Foreign Direct investment
- Promote joint venture opportunities between citizens and foreign investors
- Stimulate a culture of entrepreneurships locally
- Promote exports of locally-produced goods
- Promote access to the Botswana market for international
- Value-addition for exhibitors
- Networking Opportunities:
- Investment forum
- Buyer/seller meetings
- Free business invitations for clients and potential clients.
- Exhibitors will benefit from the world wide marketing & advertising campaign undertaken by Global Expo Botswana organizers.
- Market Access
- Potential access to the SACU market of around 50 million inhabitants
- Potential access to SADC market of around 200 million inhabitants
- GDP per capital of USD 4828 at current prices as per Bank of Botswana Annual Report 2006
- Tap into Botswana's import bill of around USD 5 billion.
As the organizers of Global Expo Botswana, Botswana Export of Development and Investment Authority (BEDIA), Botswana's national investment and trade promotion organization, is well-positioned to network with counterpart agencies and other local and international stakeholders to ensure the objectives of the exhibition are realized.